Logo

One charged over alleged $550,000 fraud scheme

law
216
At the request of prosecutors, a court has ordered pre-trial detention in absentia and the suspect has been placed on a wanted list

At the request of prosecutors, a court has ordered pre-trial detention in absentia and the suspect has been placed on a wanted list

The Tbilisi Prosecutor’s Office has charged one individual in connection with the alleged fraudulent misappropriation of a large sum of money.

According to the Prosecutor's Office of Georgia, an investigation conducted by the Ministry of Internal Affairs found that the accused convinced the victim to invest funds in what was presented as a profitable business venture. The suspect allegedly claimed he would purchase high-value vehicles and resell them to foreign nationals.

Prosecutors said that under this pretext, the accused fraudulently obtained a total of 550,000 US dollars from the victim. To increase credibility, he allegedly presented a forged sales agreement indicating that 40 vehicles had already been purchased. Investigators said that no vehicles were in fact acquired and that the funds were unlawfully appropriated.

At the request of prosecutors, a court has ordered pre-trial detention in absentia and the suspect has been placed on a wanted list.


Tags:

Advertisement
Advertisement 2
News

Front News - Georgia was established on May 26, 2012, with a commitment to delivering timely and objective news coverage both domestically and internationally. Our mission is to provide readers with comprehensive and unbiased reporting, ensuring that all events, facts, and perspectives are presented fairly.

As an independent news agency, Front News - Georgia supports the overwhelming choice of the Georgian population for a European future and actively contributes to the country’s Euro-Atlantic integration efforts.

Address:

Tbilisi, Ermile Bedia st. 3, office 13

Phone:

+995 32 2560919

E-mail:

info@frontnews.eu

Subscribe to news

© 2012 Frontnews.Ge. All Right Reserved.